What do you need to know about acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an ancient traditional Chinese medicine used to relieve pain and restore health. It is said to regulate internal organs and balance energy flow in the body. Acupuncture has existed in China for over 2000 years. The acupuncture points have different functions related to the organs and body functions. There are 12 main acupuncture points, and the needles are inserted into them to stimulate energy flow or relieve pain.
How Does It Work?
It is believed that acupuncture stimulates the flow of energy and blood from the body. The energy flows from the energy meridians to the corresponding points, which causes a stimulating effect on the organs. Acupuncture also claims to improve blood circulation.
10 Facts About Acupuncture
1. Acupuncture can relieve pain. It is commonly used to treat headaches, backaches, injuries, and pain. There are about 120 points, and the needles are mainly inserted at these points. Some areas maybe not be worked on, such as the eyes or ears, for cosmetic reasons.
2. Acupuncture is also known to be an effective treatment for high blood pressure, heart disease, and coronary artery diseases. It can help relieve anxiety and depression and help patients with stress-related illnesses like posttraumatic stress disorder PTSD.
3. Acupuncture is effective in cancer treatment. It can also help alleviate nausea, vomiting, and other side effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy in cancer patients.
4. Acupuncture can be used with conventional medicine alone as a complementary alternative medicine (CAM). It is generally used to complement conventional medical treatment, not replace it. In CAM studies, acupuncture has a low risk of side effects and may also counteract the potential side effects of other treatments like drug therapy.
5. Acupuncture is not a cure-all, but it has been shown to work well in treating certain types of pain and other problems, like relieving anxiety and depression.
6. The common belief is that it can get painful if you repeatedly stick a needle into the same acupuncture point. But in acupuncture research, it has been found that this is untrue. Some people may experience mild soreness for about 24 hours after injection, but this should be followed by feelings of relief from pain.
7. Some people believe acupuncture involves magic powers and can treat everything from cancer to a broken heart to infertility or even death. In reality, acupuncture can relieve pain and improve general symptom management, but it cannot instantly cure diseases.
8. Anyone can use acupuncture to relieve pain and discomfort. When acupuncture is received, they may feel warm, relaxed, sleepy, and heavy. Some people may also feel pain in the area of the needle. These feelings should go away shortly after the treatment is done.
9. Many athletes use acupuncture to relieve pain and perform better during sports activities because it improves endurance, speed, and power output in sports competitions.
10. Acupuncture has been used for many years to treat addiction, especially heroin or opium. It may also help people with severe drug withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, diarrhea, and tremors.
Benefits of Acupuncture
– Acupuncture is a cost-effective and convenient treatment for any pain.
– Acupuncture can be done in conjunction with acupuncture in Miami conventional medicine or on its own as complementary alternative medicine. Since it has few side effects, acupuncture is risk-free and can be used to complement conventional medical treatments.
– Acupuncture also boasts of having very few side effects and minimal risks. The common side effect is an itchy sensation medical spa in Brickell around the area where the needles are inserted and mild soreness after 24 hours which should disappear after a while. It is also important to remember that acupuncture does not cure any diseases. It is for managing certain diseases like pain and improving symptom management.
– Acupuncture has also been used in treating pulmonary diseases such as pneumoconiosis, bronchitis, and asthma, but there is no evidence that it can treat these diseases. There are also claims about using acupuncture to prevent and treat infertility in women. Some research has been done on the effects of acupuncture on fertility, but findings have been inconclusive.
– Acupuncture research has found that acupuncture may help alleviate mild pain associated with migraine. Some studies in China and Japan, where routine acupuncture has been carried out over a long period, have found acupuncture can help people with Parkinson”s disease. There is not much research done in this area, but it is still being studied. Other research suggests that acupuncture may positively affect mobile disorders such as vertigo and musculoskeletal conditions such as rheumatism.
– Acupuncture in Solea Brickell may relieve symptoms of diseases such as depression and anxiety and treat insomnia. One study reported that acupuncture was significantly better than no treatment or standard care in treating acne.
Acupuncture is a well-documented treatment for pain and other types of symptom management. It has minimal risks and can be used with conventional medicine or complementary alternative medicine. Acupuncture is beneficial because it can help relieve pain, reduce swelling and improve mobility. If you still have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Are you a loyalty program member of Solea Brickell Spa? Just for reading our blog post today, we would like to give you 1000 bonus points, add them to your account with the code: APR2BS22. Not a member? Do not worry, sign up and start earning points today. Download the App and add perk codes to get your bonus. New members receive a free $10 welcome gift! Do not miss the opportunity to get more points, check out our Facebook and Instagram for more codes.